MPEG-4 and XDCAM

Posted by smutcutter 
MPEG-4 and XDCAM
May 27, 2009 06:43PM
I am trying to import MPEG-4 files into Final Cut 6 and I am getting error codes. I have tried to open the same files in Compressor and Quicktime and I get the same message (or similar). I have worked with XDCAM before (where these files came from) but that was on my laptop. I just purchased a 24inch iMac. Unable to open the files on the laptop too. Got all the Flip4Mac and all that.

Help?
Re: MPEG-4 and XDCAM
May 27, 2009 07:32PM
Try using the XDcam Transfer 2.9. Import the XDCAM footage into your computer - to your capture scratch and then import this footage into FCP

Good luck!
May 27, 2009 08:14PM
May 28, 2009 06:16PM
Still having no luck. Downloaded the software but it doesn't se the BPAV folder (where the MP$ is) at all.

What am I doing wrong?
May 28, 2009 06:23PM
After you download the drivers, you need to either use the LOG AND TRANSFER option in FCP, or the Sony Tranfer tool.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 02, 2009 09:29AM
What are you doing?

The XDCAM files need to be converted to something [.mov] the FCP can use. We do this with two applications, Sony's Clip Browser which transfers the XDCAM BPAV files from the camera to a disk. The BPAV folder is a file system, although you can copy it by drag and dropping. for example, its not recommended, Clip Browser copies and verifies that the file system is till in tact.

It appears that someone has already copied the BPAV files from the camera to a disk that your trying to use. To accomplish the next step you need to use Sony's XDCAM Transfer software to convert the BPAV's to .MOV, whether you use it as a stand along application or launch it from the file menu in FCP its the same process. Navigate to the folder that contains the BPAV folder, not the BPAV folder itself and you will be able to see and import or convert the clips you want. If you navigate to the BPAV folder itself you will not be able to see the clips.

If you need the Sony software just call me and I'll send over a disk.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics