OT: Post Production Horror Stories

Posted by qeditor 
OT: Post Production Horror Stories
May 28, 2009 11:55AM
In addition to being an editor that owns a post house, I am also a published author - and it's time for my next book project...so I thought "I have some funny, twisted, bizarre post horror stories (i.e. "The Client from Hell" "Clueless Producers"winking smiley from 19+ years of editing - might be a gas to collect a bunch of these stories into book form - my publisher says she is interested, which was the first step. Step two is getting other POV's from editors - I know this was done before - I remember seeing this online back in 1999 when I was editing at a post house in Vegas, but that link is dead.

Does anyone here want to participate? The stories should be 200 words or less, with no full names to protect the innocent (and the ignorant!) You will get full written credit for your contribution, as well as a bibliography with your URL for contact info.

Just testing the waters...thanks.
Re: OT: Post Production Horror Stories
May 28, 2009 01:23PM
Interested...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 28, 2009 02:04PM
Ha good idea but get a lawyer to comb over it carefully before publishing!

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
May 28, 2009 02:09PM
Oh you better believe it...that's why no full names will be used.
May 28, 2009 02:45PM
No offense...but anyone participating should be compensated for their time and input - at the very least on a "consultation" rate level. I personally don't participate uncompensated in anything that will generate $$$ for someone else unless it is for a known charity. Time would need to be booked for the busy folk...and time = $. Is your publisher paying for the stories? She surely will be making $$$ from them.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 28, 2009 02:48PM
Well, yeah. I wasn't going to offer to do this for free. You wanted us to write this, and then include it in the book. I would HOPE that some form of compensation was on the table. Otherwise this makes ZERO sense.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
May 28, 2009 04:14PM
Hmmm.... I wonder what my stories would be worth?
When I did stuff years ago for the Adult world I saw way too much for the human mind to comprehend without gagging or curling up in the fetal position in the far corner of my bay.
May 28, 2009 04:25PM
Experience = $$$.

Barry - you can have your own chapter. It'll be a "pop-up" book grinning smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

May 28, 2009 04:39PM
Joey-

I cringe every time I recall how some of the so called "producers" and "directors thought they were making Gone With The Wind or The Godfather and would proceed to reveal their own "pop up" to everyone in the room thus proving how they captured their vision.

On a side note: I have something in development with one of the cable channels using adult movie dialog and the hosts of the show proceed to tear the sh*t out of the performances and inflated body parts.
May 28, 2009 05:39PM
Yeah or interview people and you write it up. If you want folks to write the content of your production horror story book gratis you will need a keen sense of irony. Also 200 words is maybe 10 sentences- it's more like a tweet.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
May 29, 2009 07:22AM
I can tell you my stories...
Just send me a plane ticket to where you are
Get also some Pastrami Sandwichs and Bud's ready.

Rui Barros
Editor Colorist Trainer
Lisbon, Portugal
RTP Post-Production
Apple Certified Trainer FCP 7
Apple Certified Pro FCP 7
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics