losing sync with qt conversion

Posted by Chris Rawlence 
losing sync with qt conversion
June 11, 2009 12:02PM
I'm exporting an HD sequence using QT Conversion, 1280x768 pixels, and the sequence is consistently a few frames out of sync - I've tried many setting variations - can anyone tell me the settings to avoid this, or let me know what I'm doing wrong. CR
Re: losing sync with qt conversion
June 11, 2009 12:06PM
What is the frame rate? Stay the same or change slightly?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 11, 2009 12:07PM
Well, the first thing you're doing wrong is using a 1280x768 raster size. Did you mean 1280x720? I wouldn't be surprised if oddball things happen when you try to do something non-standard.

The second thing you're doing wrong is using the "Quicktime Conversion" feature. What you should do is export a Quicktime movie ? not a reference movie ? of your timeline, then run that through Compressor to convert it to your delivery format. I can give you more specific advice on just how to accomplish that if you elaborate on what you're trying to do.

Whether either of those "wrong" things is behind your problem, I can't say, but I figured we'd start somewhere.

June 11, 2009 12:48PM
I'm trying to export for use on Vimeo HD. Their suggested settings don't seem to work. I'm working in HDV Pal so the frame rate is 25fps - isn't it. I've set all audio to 48000.
June 11, 2009 12:49PM
I meant 1280x720. I need this for two purposes - so presumably two different compressions. 1) For HD on Vimeo. 2) For projection - but maybe this requires precise projector specs?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics