digitizing dilemma

Posted by Aine Ni Fhaolain 
digitizing dilemma
June 14, 2009 03:29PM
hey

I am having some trouble with digitizing. I shot my footage on a sony z1 in HDV but have the camera set to down convert. I am using FCP 5.1. on a 12inch powerbook G4 mac OSX 10.4.11, I have set all my capture settings to DV PAL 48hrz anamorphic. The trouble is when i capture the footage it looks all jagged and interlaced. When i play it through the camera and look at it through the viewfinder its perfect and in high quality. I know if i put a de-interlace effect on the footage it will fix the problem but it i want it to be as high quality as possible and de-interlacing lowers the quality and softens the picture.

I have gone through all the settings and cant think of any reason this should be happening.

Any help would be very much appreicated

Kind Regards

Aine
Re: digitizing dilemma
June 14, 2009 04:36PM
Interlaced footage will look, well, interlaced when you play it back on a progressive monitor not designed to properly display interlaced footage (like your computer monitor). If you hook your computer up to a broadcast, CRT monitor and watch it on that it will not look interlaced.

-A
June 15, 2009 03:02AM
hey, thanks for the quick reply! just wondering then, what if the footage i am editing is for the internet, so people will only watch it on their computers, Do i have to de-interlace?

Thanks
June 16, 2009 05:28PM
Yes!

It's always a good idea to de-interlace interlaced footage when creating a quicktime for the web.
June 17, 2009 03:59AM
hey,

thats great, thanks for the help!

Aine
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics