Saving Timeline Views

Posted by editfreak 
Saving Timeline Views
June 16, 2009 11:22PM
Can i save multiple Timeline views with different track heights, audio waveforms enabled etc like I can in Avid? Can the track colors be changed too?
Re: Saving Timeline Views
June 16, 2009 11:44PM
sure ... bottom right hand corner of the track patch area, immediately to the right of the track height buttons is a right pointing disclosure triangle ... click that and you'll get a context menu popup with the option to "Save Track Layout..."
June 16, 2009 11:52PM
Hey Andy, thanks for that. Bit of a "newbie" I'm afraid. winking smiley But it looks like I can't save a track layout with different colors, or have some layouts showing waveforms and others not showing waveforms. Would that be a fair assessment?

Bob "BJ" Johnson
June 17, 2009 12:03AM
spot on BJ
oddly, in FCP, it's only a means for storing and recalling custom arrangements of track heights, it doesn't also store and recall other track layout settings ... and in FCP there's no custom coloring of the timeline tracks at all
ah well, we live in hope ... roll on FCPX
June 17, 2009 12:26AM
I hear you buddy winking smiley Thanks for your help!

BJ
June 17, 2009 12:27AM

But it looks like I can't save a track layout with different colors, or have some layouts showing waveforms and others not showing waveforms.

Not colours no but waveforms yes.

Simply turn the waveforms on then resize the tracks manually using the mouse pointer inbetween the track patching on the left.

Make the tracks you don't wish to see waveform on as small as they will go and it turns the waveform off.

FCP handles waveform better than Avid and once its written them to the cache it updates really quickly unlike Avid with constantly has to update.

I would like to see more labeling functions in FCP - its been on the wish list for years!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics