Gamma Correction on 8-core Macpro and XDCAM EX

Gamma Correction on 8-core Macpro and XDCAM EX
July 07, 2009 04:54PM
A few minutes ago I posted about dropped frames of DV footage in an XDCAM EX timeline.

Well, after a bit more searching, I found this on one of Apple's discussion forums:

_______

Not sure if this will help, but I'm about to post something we found at the weekend.

We're editing XDCAM EX HD (1080/24p) using the built in easy setup and dedicated built in drives as scratch disks.

We kept on experiencing dropped frames on playback, but only on our NEW 8 core Mac Pro not on any of our other Mac's including our MacBook's.

I turns out that if go to System Settings/Playback Control and you switch Gamma Correction from Accurate to Approximate it solves the problem for us. We have no idea why and would love an answer from Apple on this.
Regards
Daniel

And you know what??? It really works! Does anybody else have the same experience. Is this a specific problem of the the 2008 8-cores?
Re: Gamma Correction on 8-core Macpro and XDCAM EX
July 07, 2009 09:05PM
Wow, that's a weird one. Thanks for bringing it here, Cristoph. We'll see if this comes up more often over time..

Re: Gamma Correction on 8-core Macpro and XDCAM EX
July 08, 2009 03:26AM
does it happen with rendered DV parts in an XDCam Ex timeline ?

it might be a GPU problem, (Graphic Card), with difficulty handling the gamma shift

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics