exporting 4 track audio

Posted by Mario 
exporting 4 track audio
July 09, 2009 02:35PM
Hello,

I'm trying to export a quicktime mov that has 4 audio tracks. I have changed the number of outputs to 4 under sequence settings. It outputs a file that has four tracks but it still auto downmixes all the audio to track 1 and 2 leaving 3 and 4 with nothing on them.

I do get a warning when I make the change to the sequence settings that says "the current audio device does not support the number of outputs set in the sequence settings audio outputs tab. Unsupported outputs will not be heard during playback on this machine unless downmixed to Stereo."

I assume that this means my sound card can't handle more than one track, but that doesn't make sense to me. Is there something I'm missing or that I can change so I can do this?

I'm working on a pretty much factory G5 mac.

Thanks for any Help
Mario
Re: exporting 4 track audio
July 09, 2009 02:47PM
Did you remember to change the tracks to Dual Mono?

Also, you can do this the long way:

1. Export each track as its own audio-only QuickTime movie/AIFF.
2. Open the video movie file in QuickTime Player.
3. Open each audio file, APPLE-A, APPLE-C (Select All, Copy).
4. Select the video movie file, make sure the playhead is at the beginning, OPTION-APPLE-V (Add to Movie). Repeat for each audio track.
5. Now do a Save As on the video movie file with a different name, self-contained. This will create a split-discreet-track QuickTime movie.

www.derekmok.com
July 09, 2009 02:48PM
Is downmix on? And, check the audio routing in the Audio Mixer tab. In the upper left under Tracks. Right click or control click each channel and make sure it's routed properly.

Oh, just realized that part of the Audio Mixer may be closed. It's to the left of the faders. Click on the triangle to open up the little routing panel.
July 09, 2009 03:39PM
thanks Derek changing it to Dual Mono worked.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics