Moving Project to Ext. Hard Drive

Posted by slomoray 
Moving Project to Ext. Hard Drive
July 11, 2009 08:09PM
I've just finished my first FC Express project and would now like to move the project with all the elements(sequences, text, music, etc.) to an external hard drive, but am not sure how to do it. Is all the media copied so I can delete the original material from my computer after the transfer? Once this is done do I now just start deleting all the elements of the browser of the FC application?
Thanks,
Ray
Re: Moving Project to Ext. Hard Drive
July 11, 2009 09:59PM
Thanks for asking - I also am looking for the same info - need to clean up these HD's
Re: Moving Project to Ext. Hard Drive
July 12, 2009 08:09AM
In FINAL CUT PRO STUDIO - it's a simple matter of going to MEDIA MANAGER - and chosing the copy option - and location - it will move everything from your timeline from one drive to the other and keep the links -- this works in theory - but not always in practice - there are often problems with nested sequences and smoothcam files that get mangled or lost in translation

HOWEVER not sure if there is the media manager function in FC Express - in which case you will have to save the TL as another file on the new hard drive -- copy all the related files to a folder on that new drive (video/graphics/music) then OPEN that copied timeline on the new drive and relink all the files to the folder you copied to that drive.

Often if you relink one or two - the rest will automatically find their way in the process

Then make sure you save your new project after you linked the files

As for "Text" files - if they are created within Final Cut Express (ie Boris Text generator) they move with the project - they don't exist as separate files outside the bin and timeline

Hope this helps - Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics