OT: May be relevant to someone- GRAID2 DRIVES

Posted by FindonChrispy 
OT: May be relevant to someone- GRAID2 DRIVES
July 14, 2009 10:19AM
Just about to eat my lunch today when i get a call from the boss asking me to disk warrior his GRAID2 drive as it had been playing up. Apparently it had been refusing to show up on the desktop using FW800 and would be extremely slow and often disconnect itself with FW400.

The drive had lots of very important data and i set disk warrior to it but it reported back saying that it was unable to replace the directory due to a hardware fault. Fair enough, so we set about trying to copy what we could over before the drive removed itself. This proved impossible, so on the cusp of calling the G-Tech support guys (global distribution here in the UK) when i decided to swap the powerpacks. Initially nothing, this drive had one of the older style ones (figure of 8 input) so i tried another one of those. Again nothing. It wasn't until i tried it with one of the newer ones that has IEC input/cable on it that the drive sprung back to life and was back to working perfectly.

Now i'm in the process of having the power packs replaced, having spoken to the G-Tech support this was perfectly ok to do and was unlucky that i had 2 faulty ones to hand.....

Just thought i'd put this up in case anyone else has come across this issue before or in the future.........
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics