Audio sync issued - 5dm2

Posted by plugues 
Audio sync issued - 5dm2
July 16, 2009 02:37PM
I'm having some weird audio sync issues.

My syncing method is currently to merge clips on FCP (is there a better one?).

Now, for some reason, after a couple of mins of video, audio starts to go gradually out of sync, and after 5 min it's totally off. I've checked the sampling rate and it's 48Khz on the clips and on the timeline. What else might be wrong?
Re: Audio sync issued - 5dm2
July 16, 2009 03:49PM
Need more info:
What codec is your timeline?
Are you using different formats.
Version?
Drives full?
July 16, 2009 04:05PM
Sounds like a conforming problem. Was this single-system or dual-system sound? Given that the 5D has such craptacular audio, it was probably dual-system sound. If you conformed your 5D footage to 30p for editing (as you have to do), then yes, it will be out of sync with your sound by 9 frames after five minutes.

July 16, 2009 04:23PM
As Jeff said you're using probably dual-system sound and this will need some special care.
I have no time today and tomorrow to answer and help but you may read my little article about external audio which is targeted to FCP v5 but still valid.
[www.spherico.com]

Hope this helps
Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
July 16, 2009 07:19PM
Ok, I used the easy setup solution and it worked. Problem is i had already sync'd all my clips dragging audio and video to a "problematic" Sync sequence, so basically now I have an edited video with out of sync audio.

Basically I have to re-sync everything using new perfect 30p sequences and create new master clips. For this to work, first I have to make the raw audio and video independent.

Thing is, if I do that, how can I point my final timeline clips to those newly created master clips?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics