capture presets

Posted by DanKuckes 
capture presets
July 16, 2009 11:12PM
I apologize for such a greenhorn question. I did do a search first. I don't often deal with capture presets and have forgotten how to navigate to it. I get the following message whenI try to use "capture now"

"attempt to capture with no video device selected. please select video device in capture presets"

So how do I get to capture presets?
Re: capture presets
July 16, 2009 11:33PM
Final Cut Pro - Audio/Video Settings.

www.derekmok.com
July 16, 2009 11:41PM
Thank you.

Is there a trick to knowing where to navigate? I often read in the manual what to do, but have trouble finding the function described.
July 16, 2009 11:51PM
There's a manual that you can access directly from within Final Cut. Did you try just a Find command there?

It sounds like you need a real teacher.

www.derekmok.com
July 17, 2009 03:27AM
Final Cut Pro menu...EASY SETUPS...that's the best one to use.

Trick to knowing? that is all about knowing how to use the application. Time to do the FCP tutorials...

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 17, 2009 07:47AM
> Final Cut Pro menu...EASY SETUPS...that's the best one to use.

I disagree with Shane on this one.

A newcomer who doesn't know where the settings are needs to look in User Preferences, System Settings and Audio/Video Settings at every new session -- and sometimes while in the session.

You may not understand those settings, but you have to start looking at them. Soon you'll develop more of a sense of how things should look in those 50,000 options.

I've met soooo many editing students who rely on Easy Setup, and their schools/teachers just let them be. And then when one thing goes wrong, or their project requires one setting tweaked, they're frozen stiff.

I recommend the reverse. Do it the hard, accurate, detailed way in the beginning -- as with learning logging and capturing, exporting files and outputting to tape, file management etc. It will be hard going, but you'll learn. Then when you know what the settings mean, use Easy Setup for speed and convenience.

www.derekmok.com
July 17, 2009 01:37PM
I hear ya...good point.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 23, 2009 04:26PM
I actually did take a class during which I often had issues that neither the instructor nor lab techs knew how to fix. In many ways, this forum is a better resource. I have looked at the manual within final cut. Sometimes it says "go to the (fill in the blank)" But I don't necessarily know how to navigate to that thing it's refferring to.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics