voice over tool - 5 second pre-roll - can you kill it?

Posted by Jonnyukbravo 
voice over tool - 5 second pre-roll - can you kill it?
July 30, 2009 06:56AM
Hi - I work in TV news - often against the clock. Recently I edited a package and at the mention of voice over the reporter was stood ready to go. He expected the system to be able to record VO instantly. Fortunately I was working on Quantel and it is very fast. In FCP it takes longer as there is a 5 sec pre-roll. Is there a way of hitting the ground running? ie to click record and for the recording to start instantly?

John Fairhall
johnfairhall@hotmail.com
shoot-edit.co.uk
Re: voice over tool - 5 second pre-roll - can you kill it?
July 30, 2009 09:27AM
AFAIK not with VO tool but there are a lot of different ways to record audio elsewhere on a Mac.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
July 30, 2009 09:38AM
Yeah but you can't punch in with the other methods, it'd end up taking longer

John, thats a valid request and something the ought to be not to difficult to implement ... you should send your feedback to Apple's FCP team: [www.apple.com]
July 30, 2009 01:38PM
Soundtrack Pro has instant record, but you have to bounce the sequence to STP first.
July 30, 2009 04:34PM
Thanks for tyhe ideas - the soundtrack pro idea is fine - but when you are dealing in seconds and stroppy journalists and deadlines which are set in stone - you need an instant record option - I shall send the notion to Apple and see whether they can do anything.
Cheers all
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics