Enlarging audio file waveforms vertically

Posted by DM 
DM
Enlarging audio file waveforms vertically
August 10, 2009 08:49AM
anyone know if u can enlarge the waveform in the browser? I know u can zoom horizontally but I need to see the waveform without applying any gain to the clip.

FC 5.1.4
Re: Enlarging audio file waveforms vertically
August 10, 2009 08:52AM
In the browser? This is a trick I don't know. How do you see the audio waveform in the browser?
DM
August 10, 2009 09:26AM
oh crap,,,,,,,I meant to say the VIEWER
August 10, 2009 09:31AM
Drag the window out bigger.

www.derekmok.com
DM
August 10, 2009 01:59PM
er...ok I'll try that when I get back to my system. I already have my config set for 2 up which is a pretty big viewer section. Most of the time the waveform is no problem. I'm dealing with low level audio.
August 10, 2009 06:46PM
I don't know the right term for it but in the buttons and controls area of the timeline, where you choose which audio or video track to use etc., just hover your curser over the line between A1 and A2 for example and when the curser switches press down on your mouse button and drag downward making the corresponding audio/waveform track as large as you want it.

I hope this makes some sense...
DM
August 10, 2009 09:16PM
thx for the response Chuck. I need to enlarge the size of the waveform within the given track size however. Your right that the waveform does get a little larger if u expand the track. Actually, what I want is to enlarge the waveform in the viewer. I use audio a lot to sync up multi-camera, non-time code referenced footage. Audio is not one of final cuts strong points, unlike some other systems that I know of but that's a whole other conversation.
August 10, 2009 09:22PM
bit of a lack in FCP, im afraid.
you just cant do it.

even adding gain to the clip wont do it,
you'd have to create a louder file,
and re-import.

nick
DM
August 10, 2009 09:27PM
Amen.......
August 10, 2009 11:30PM
>I use audio a lot to sync up multi-camera, non-time code referenced footage.

you might want to check this out: [www.singularsoftware.com]
August 11, 2009 12:52PM
By significantly enlarging the track the waveform will not get larger relative to the track but it gets much larger for viewing and working with. Dragging the track will make the waveform taller and zooming in on the timeline will make it appear bigger.

In the viewer you can also use the "+" and "-" keys to zoom in and out of the waveform loaded into the viewer.

Andy have you used that software? Looks pretty cool.
August 11, 2009 07:26PM
Andy have you used that software? Looks pretty cool.

I haven't Chuck. I do a fair amount of simple 3 camera multiclip work, and I do more manual syncing than I'd care to on occasion (due to the great wealth if inept freelance camera operators out there), but all in all its quite a quick and simple job for me when its only 3 angles and maybe only 1 of them gets stop/started mid record. PluralEyes does look like good software though and real timesaver for anyone doing more intense multcamera work ... not surprisingly it garnered a lot of attention from the FCP cognoscenti at NAB earlier this year.
August 11, 2009 07:51PM
I have. Its brilliant. Like magic.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics