SxS drivers update for Snow Leopard in September.

Posted by edbeta 
SxS drivers update for Snow Leopard in September.
September 03, 2009 01:13AM
Sony Support inform me about SxS drivers update in september :

Some good news the SxS driver will update this month so the SxS card will be able to be seen by Snow Leopard this would at least allow backup or copying files on that OS all software is still on the schedule that I previously informed however at this time.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VIDÉO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
[www.productiondgoyette.com]
Re: SxS drivers update for Snow Leopard in September.
September 03, 2009 09:01AM
So it'll take months to fix the XDCAM Transfer Thumbnail cache issue? That's sad because I do think it's a fairly simple one. It's either related to how 10.6 handles file ownership compared to 10.5.x or a simple conflict (since not everyone is experiencing it).
September 03, 2009 11:24AM
I think the fix will come much faster than anticipated , they cant affort to loose support to what is the HD flagship of Sony The XDCAM HD and XDCAM EX line of products.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
September 03, 2009 11:47AM
If true, than the Marketing/PR dept. should not allow the statements with the winter/spring timeline to have been promulgated. They could have headed that off by posting on their own site 1) not to upgrade to Snow Leopard and 2) they are working to get updates out as quickly as possible and will have approximate targets posted shortly.
September 03, 2009 04:17PM
EPIC FAIL!!!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
September 03, 2009 04:40PM
Not only SxS and XDCAM Transfer but I'm also seeing a kext (extension) issue with the Sony PDWU-1 extension.

I wonder what Windows 7 users will experience in October.
September 04, 2009 01:35AM
Craig i agree with you 100 % but i cant offer more support at the moment , my contact at Sony Support must follow no posting in any blogs or forums Sony rigid policy.

The Sony websites where supposed to be updated to warn peoples agains upgrading right now but as you see have not be done yet and that no too professional from Sony.

If some of you can access some high rank Sony officials .... well do it and help me to get the message that fast updates will preserve the XDCAM format leading position.

In the meantime i am not sure the same kind of bugs is not with the P2 also , in my mind Tapeless was meaning recording on memory cards SxS , P2 , SDHC.

If a blame must be place .... i put it on all of them : Apple , Sony and Panasonic who can have their own codecs but at least SxS , P2 , SDHC cards should be open source for the drivers to read them.

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
September 04, 2009 10:57AM
I have been confirmed by a Sony official (Europe) that new drivers are on their way.

in the meantime you would need a SBAC ?US10 (USB) or use the camera, or wait to upgrade...

Quelqu'un n'a pas fait ses devoirs...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics