Problem with FC7 share... or just a problem with me and/or my mac

Posted by eyeseesound 
Problem with FC7 share... or just a problem with me and/or my mac
September 04, 2009 01:20PM
Hi all.

love the the idea of the share option, being able to export and carry on editing. But it seems when i do use it and start work again, i can't really watch clips as the video freezes after a couple of seconds. the clip continues to play and i can hear the sound, but no picture, just the point it froze at.

my mac is an intel 2 x 2.26 quad core with 8 gig of ram, so i figure i'm kind of at the topper end of things.

Has anyone else had this issue. If i can't resolve it it kind of makes the whole feature redundant as i can't edit anyway and (allegedly as i haven't timed it) exporting that way is actually slower than using the regular method.

Cheers

Jules
Re: Problem with FC7 share... or just a problem with me and/or my mac
September 04, 2009 02:00PM
It's a wash- I can't do much work during background rendering either and that's on a Quad Core 3GHZ Mac Pro with 8 Gig RAM too...

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 04, 2009 02:43PM
Well, glad to know it's not me, but a bit bummed that a great feature is actually a bit redundant.

I wish marketing people actually told the truth. I'd still have bought the upgrade, obviously, but i wouldn't be so disappointed right now.

Thanks for the reply.
September 04, 2009 03:59PM
I suspect it will become a lot more usable as hardware accelerates and with Snow Leopard. It is a great feature in theory but maybe a bit ahead of its time.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 04, 2009 04:11PM
Then I shall just have to wait smiling smiley

Cheers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics