MBox2 Pro with Snow Leopard

Posted by PhillyFilmmaker 
MBox2 Pro with Snow Leopard
September 11, 2009 04:44PM
Hello,

I'm not sure if this question goes to this forum but:

I recently got a MacBook Pro w/SnowLeopard and installed Final Cut Studio and Logic Studio.

So I installed Pro Tools LE 7. Now, I have to go back and check later if the Pro Tools install worked but for some reason the machine does not recognize the MBox2 Pro.

The MBox2Pro has firewire (400). Of course, the MacBook Pro only has the firewire 800 so what I did was I connected my one LaCie drive to the MBP via FW800. Then connected that LaCie drive to a FW400 hub (bc I have other hard drives I want to connect) then out to the MBoxPro.

I haven't yet tried connecting to that LaCie drive directly yet I'll do that later on today, but I wanted to find out if anyone else is using something like this and has any problems/solutions?

Thanks!!!
Re: MBox2 Pro with Snow Leopard
September 11, 2009 05:04PM
ProTools 7.4.2 (the last version of the 7.0 release) is only supported under 10.5.3 or 10.5.4. ProTools 7 was never tested under 10.5.5 or later, and is explicitly not supported under 10.6.

September 12, 2009 04:47PM
I never upgrade software until I HAVE to have a new feature. Let the other guys find the bugs and conflicts. And never in the middle of a big project.

Ken Kessie
September 15, 2009 07:27PM
I uninstalled Pro Tools 7.1.3. So, can I still use the MBox 2 Pro with Soundtrack Pro and FCP and Logic 9?

If so, how can I get it to see the MBox2?
September 15, 2009 07:39PM
If the MBox shows up in the Audio MIDI Setup Application (it's in the Utilities folder) you should be able to use it with any app. In FCP you would set up your audio outputs to use the MBox2.

I thought those pieces of hardware were somehow locked to PT. An AVID-like dongle of sorts.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics