import a audio track from a CD
September 13, 2009 02:24PM
What is the easiest way to import a audio track from a CD to FCP as a AIFF file?

Thanks
Re: import a audio track from a CD
September 13, 2009 02:35PM
Make a Compressor Droplet and drag the tracks you want to the droplet.
September 13, 2009 02:44PM
iTunes works just fine as well, with the added advantage of Album/Artist/Track metadata embedded into the AIFF, as long as you add that information before the conversion.

www.derekmok.com
September 13, 2009 03:30PM
I believe this may be broken, changed in the current version of iTunes, or it's been moved somewhere that I can't find.
September 13, 2009 03:51PM
It's a very basic function of iTunes, so I don't think it'd be that broken -- but I avoided iTunes 8 altogether for other reasons, so somebody else might have more to report on that.

www.derekmok.com
September 13, 2009 04:26PM
nope. It still works in iTunes 9. I am a big fan of Digital Heaven's Loader. Compiles the steps of converting it in iTunes or compressor into one drag and drop movement. Big time-saver!

"Never underestimate a kick to the nuts"
Bas Rutten
September 13, 2009 06:01PM
CDs show up to the computer as read-only disk volumes with AIFF files at 44.1 KHz, 16 bit. You can just drag them to another window to copy them to your project folder or whatever, then drag them straight into Final Cut.

If you need to convert to another sample rate or size, yes, a Compressor batch is the easiest way. You can also try Loader, as cited above.

September 13, 2009 06:31PM
Just to complete the list of tools for this, Quicktie Pro will do this very easily too, although I don't think you can do it as a batch.

Scott
September 14, 2009 02:01AM
>iTunes works just fine as well

To add one more point here- you can set iTunes to import/convert to 48khz.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 14, 2009 02:50PM
So, I just rightclick on a track in itunes and select "create AIFF version", right?
September 15, 2009 10:03AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics