ProRez 4444 Alpha compatibility

Posted by larkis 
ProRez 4444 Alpha compatibility
September 16, 2009 03:50AM
Is the prorez 4444 alpha only compatible with final cut studio apps ? I exported a movie with alpha from After Effects into prorez 4444 and when I bring it back in the alpha is not there. When i load it into motion everything is fine, and quicktime player can export an alpha form the file if I pick the animation codec. The only app that does not want to read the alpha is after effects despite being the app that has created it. Anyone else notice this behaviour ?
Re: ProRez 4444 Alpha compatibility
September 16, 2009 04:03AM
Are you sure you're interpreting it in your settings properly? What happens when you do the same in the Animation codec or a Photoshop image sequence.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 16, 2009 01:47PM
It works with every other codec, the interpretation settings don't light up indicating that there is no alpha present in the file. Final cut does see it as well as the quicktime pro player. Very strange.
September 16, 2009 05:33PM
I'd ask Adobe- perhaps an update is coming...

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
September 19, 2009 07:04PM
Try changing the interpretation to White.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics