problem with trimming

problem with trimming
September 28, 2009 12:22PM
Hello,

I am having difficulty making edits in trim mode while using the Edit Selection Tool to select multiple tracks in the timeline. I've been starting out by lassoing my edits which are usually one picture track, one or two dialogue tracks, and a stereo paired music track. I then hit the single side trim function in the record window above the time line and prepare to trim one frame at a time. I then try to make trims with the "<" and ">" keys, which will sometimes work as intended, but will sometimes jump and show me a completely different clip in my trim window. The odd thing is, it will preform the trim function that I ask it to, but one show me the right frames as I'm doing it. Can anybody shed light on this issue?

-Michael-
Re: problem with trimming
September 28, 2009 01:25PM
If you use the Edit Select Tool, the Trim Edit Window will launch. Are you having trouble with this interface?

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 28, 2009 01:29PM
Yes, that's the interface I'm having trouble with. It starts out on the right edit in the display, then when I hit "<" for instance, it will take the display edit much further back into the sequence, although it still makes the right edit of one frame where I want it to.
September 28, 2009 09:23PM
"The odd thing is, it will preform the trim function that I ask it to, but one show me the right frames as I'm doing it. Can anybody shed light on this issue?"

weird display issues can often solved by trashing your preferences.
[www.lafcpug.org]

a warning, though:
once you trash them,
you will need to reset them again.
you will be back to the default 10 undos, for instance.

also you will lose any saved favorite filters & motion effects
so BEFORE you trash them,
copy the contents of your favorites folder into a new Project, and save it.
when done, you can copy them back.

the article linked to above suggests that after trashing, you can make a FRESH set of preferences,
and save them for next time,
either manually, or by using a 3rd Party "Preference Wrangler"

"Preference Manager" is a current favorite
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

cheers,
nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics