Live Type movie files are Pixelated After Rendering

Posted by lpena 
Live Type movie files are Pixelated After Rendering
September 28, 2009 12:27PM
I'm having a rendering issue on FCP version 6.0.6. I'm dropping in a live type movie file into a FCP timeline. When I view the live type movie in FCP's Viewer the lettering is sharp and correct. Then I look at the Live type movie in FCP's Canvas and it still looks sharp BEFORE rendering. AFTER I render the letters look pixelated.

The original settings in the RT tab are
RT SAFE
SCRUB HIGH QUALITY
PLAYBACK VIDEO QUALITY: DYNAMIC
PLAYBACK FRAME RATE: FULL
MULTICLIP PLAYBACK
RECORD TO TAPE: FULL QUALITY

I tried changing the RT SETTINGS then drop in the live type movie again and render the file but nothing seems to make a difference. I also checked the SEQUENCE SETTINGS and it looks like nothing is out of the ordinary.

What can I do to fix this issue?
Re: Live Type movie files are Pixelated After Rendering
September 28, 2009 01:10PM
LiveType Movie? You should bring in the LT project. Make sure the LT project properties conform exactly to the sequence properties in FCP.
September 28, 2009 01:24PM
Check the graphic in an external monitor, it's the best way to detect anomalies in your renders. No monitor? Set your Canvas to 100% precisely, that should do you.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
September 28, 2009 05:19PM
I tried making a quick DVD of the graphic to see how it looks on another monitor. During the test I see that a certain set of text is pixelated. The other text are fine. I checked the Livetype project file to see if there was something different about the pixelated text and the other text, but the only difference is the color and placement of the text. All the other settings are the same. How can only a certain set of text be pixelated when the rest of the text is not?

I checked the project properties in livetype and in FCP and they are the same. I have created other livetype projects before and this is the first time I have come across this problem.
September 28, 2009 05:38PM
The most likely cause then is the font, color, and size of the text. Perhaps you can put up an image of it in the canvas set to 100%.
September 28, 2009 05:54PM

here is how it appears in FCP in the Canvas at 100%
September 28, 2009 07:03PM
You have to put the image on the web. We can't connect to your desktop.
September 28, 2009 07:24PM
September 28, 2009 07:34PM
First, the Canvas is not set to 100%. Second, the LT project does not match the sequence. The LT project is widescreen, while the canvas looks 4:3. Third, do not use white text, no more than 92% white. Fourth, do not use red text, no more than 90% red.
September 28, 2009 07:34PM
[s802.photobucket.com]

Here is another link to the image as it appears in FCP in the Canvas at 100%
September 28, 2009 07:44PM
What I said in the message above. The canvas is 4:3. The LT project is widescreen. The LT project has to match the properties of the sequence you're working in.
September 30, 2009 09:57AM
I tried making another LT project with the same properties of the FCP sequence (the sequence is set to 720x480), but the results are still the same. The Red lettered font is still pixilated after it is rendered. I made a DVD of the new project to see how it appears on a monitor and the same font is pixilated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics