Audio Issue

Posted by xavpil 
Audio Issue
September 30, 2009 11:35AM
For some reason my audio tracks have become an issue lately.
As an example, part of my VO track suddenly won't play. I'll have the beginning of the sentence, and then the rest is blank....
The other example is the music tracks not playing the right selection. If for example I choose the intro of a music and add it to my timeline, I'll suddenly and randomly get the 1st verse....
HOwever, in both cases, if I match frame, I get what I was supposed to get in the first place, but it's not what's playing in the TL.
This problem occurred in the past, and one of the reasons seemed to be that my audio tracks were extremely busy with a lot of edits. But in this new case, it's only a very basic audio edit....
Re: Audio Issue
September 30, 2009 12:35PM
Render bug. Dump your render files with Render Manager, then change your render options so that Render Selection and Render All do not do any audio rendering at all. Use only Audio Mixdown (OPTION-APPLE-R) to render audio. That's the only infallible and long-lasting way I've found to clobber this problem.

www.derekmok.com
September 30, 2009 01:13PM
thanks derek
I'll try that and see how it goes
September 30, 2009 01:38PM
Make sure that your audio formats are of the same sample rate.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 30, 2009 01:45PM
Actually all the tracks are 48khz, but some are 16bit, and others 24....
Could this also be the reason I have to render audio everytime I move the audio clip?
September 30, 2009 01:56PM
I don't think so. I usually work with 48/24 mixed with 16 bit audio and I don't have to render when I move the clip. Are you applying any audio filters in FCP? They will always need to render (which is one of the reasons why I hate doing audio mixes in FCP).

www.strypesinpost.com
September 30, 2009 02:09PM
no filters, no...
September 30, 2009 02:11PM
That sure is strange. What is your system specs? Also, what is the number of real time audio tracks?

www.strypesinpost.com
September 30, 2009 02:37PM
2x3Ghz Quad Intel
4Gb 800 MHZ memory
Xsan server

Real time audio tracks: 8
October 01, 2009 09:21AM
What is the audio format set to? Are the audio clips uncompressed aiff files?

www.strypesinpost.com
October 01, 2009 01:13PM
I used to get this from time to time: having laid in a delicate section of Scarlatti, suddenly a Brass Band would boom out.

Never found the reason.

I haven't had this problem for about two years now -- maybe since the introduction of the FCS update. I never got to the bottom of it. Derek is probably correct in his advice.

Just empathizing.

Harry
October 01, 2009 01:57PM
Actually all the tracks are 48khz, but some are 16bit, and others 24....
VO tracks, killer tracks music and movie SOTs...
October 01, 2009 01:57PM
seems ok for now....
October 01, 2009 08:56PM
most likely it's a render issue.

nick
October 02, 2009 05:44AM
I've been experiencing this problem for a long time now, the audio all being set and correct settings wise, but having the audio jumble itself up due to bad renders. The newest problem i have encountered since updating to 6.0.6 is a random 1 frame blast of white noise writing itself into the audio that on playback peaks off the chart.
A fellow editor also using the same equipment (quad intel, mac os 10.5.8, fcp 6.0.6, qt 7.6.2) has also experienced this but it wasnt noticed until it was QT'd.
Reconnecting the media and re-rendering seems to sort it but it makes the Final QC even more important!
Anyone else had this?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics