Best way to get 24p footage to Slow Motion???

Posted by JZack 
I'm shooting a commercial spec with the DVX100 camera and want to use the 24p scene mode (this will never get transferred to film, however it HAS to look as though it was shot at least on 16mm).

So far, so good, except for the fact that the spec will have a fair amount of slow motion in it and I'm not entirely satisfied with the FCP "speed" results.

I've got Magic Bullet in After Effects, and have tested shooting 60i then pulling down to 24p, but still not great. I know about Realviz Retimer, but don't want to spend that kind of dough.

Anyone have any great tricks, processes and/or software recs??

Thanks in advance!

Justin
One slight bonus is to shoot at 30p. That gives a 20% slow mo effect when brought into a 24p timeline. Other than that I believe Joe's Filters has a good slow mo plugin.

Noah
Re: Best way to get 24p footage to Slow Motion???
March 16, 2006 06:08PM
Have you had any success with making a smooth 24p slo mo? I tried Joe's Filter, but, it didn't look any better than slo-mo ing through FCP. I tried Compressor, but it doesn't have a menu to double the frame rate to 48. Does anyone know how well the Realviz Retimer works with 24pa footage? They have an educational rate for $130, so that makes it more financially palatable.

Thanks,
Cam

Cameron Young
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics