The effect SmoothCam" failed to render.

Posted by digibody 
The effect SmoothCam" failed to render.
October 18, 2009 04:28PM
I've been working on my feature horror film, which has been going for three years. Suddenly, for no real reason, I am now seeing a message on one of my clips on the timeline. In the viewer, it's reading, "The effect "SmoothCam" failed to render." It has been fine for years, anyone have any ideas why all of a sudden it's giving me issues?

Also, in another timeline in the same project, I made my 90 minute project a self contained clip and then reimported it and added Sapphire's Filmlook and Film Damage and Red Giant's HD Looks, and now it's not acting like I put any filters on. Could there be a link to this?

Thank you for your response and assistance.

the system: OS X 10.5.8, 2 x 2.66 ghz dual core intel xeon, 8 gig RAM, mac pro 1.1, ATI radeon 3870 graphics card, fcp 6.0.6

the project: 90 minutes in length, 720p24, shot on an hvx 200, 14 layers audio, 3 layers video
saving the project on a western digital T drive.
Re: The effect SmoothCam" failed to render.
October 18, 2009 07:59PM
Try trashing preferences.

www.strypesinpost.com
November 28, 2009 12:32AM
This error message is popping up again, and now it's happening even after I trashed the preferences with Preference Manager. Any suggestions?
November 28, 2009 03:50PM
Delete the smoothcam filter from the clip, go to the scratch disk and delete the mdtf file, reapply smoothcam and try rendering.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics