Recovering Deleted Media

Posted by Cramer with C 
Recovering Deleted Media
November 02, 2009 05:41PM
Yep I'll take the "dumb ass" award for the week. About two weeks ago I deleted a folder with about 40 .mov files. Friday I realized I dumped about 6 files (interviews) I needed. This is my main boot drive on my PowerBook G4 and yes I have saved some small things since but only small text documents, etc.

So I tried Data Rescue II and Stellar Phoenix. Both retrieved some footage including stuff I trashed about 6 months ago however I only was able to restore 1 of the 6 I really need. Data Rescue seemed to retrieve more clips however they are just black for the entire duration. I am almost certain that these black ones are the one I need;-(

Does anyone recommend any other software or a service that might be able to retrieve more of these interviews? Even if it's not all of them or the entire clip, pieces would be OK.

That brings me to my next questions can a .mov file play at all if some of the info is missing, written over? I would think that the entire file/clip has to be able to be restored. Basically if I had an interview that was 10 minutes long might there be a way to salvage 3-4 minutes of it????

Any help is greatly appreciated.

C
Re: Recovering Deleted Media
November 02, 2009 05:50PM
Sounds like a long shot, but you could give these guys a shout.

[aeroquartet.com]

www.strypesinpost.com
November 02, 2009 06:14PM
I've used Aeroquartet and they are excellent at retrieving corrupt data. They are in Spain, by the way, and they do their work by sending you a program to run. It's a remote control thing, of sorts.

I don't know if they can un-delete something for you but I did have a first rate experience with them over a corrupted HD QT 90 minute file which they managed to retrieve almost entirely.

They are also absurdly inexpensive.

I think it's worth contacting them.

The guy's name is Benoit.

Sorry about your plight.

Harry.

Harry Bromley-Davenport.
November 02, 2009 06:58PM
No original tapes? No original tapeless backups?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
November 04, 2009 07:18PM
Drivesavers- but this will cost $1,000 to 2,000. You pretty much pay up or consider it lesson learned at this point.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics