HVX and Print to Video / Edit to Tape

Posted by jcblalock 
HVX and Print to Video / Edit to Tape
November 04, 2009 01:44PM
Hi folks,

I used to work on Sony cameras and decks, and didn't have too many problems with Print to Video or Edit to Tape. With my Panasonic HVX-200 it's a different story.

I recorded TC on the tape (starting at 58:50:00), the ETT/PTT functions find it, but then I get a message that says: "Timecode appears to be missing from the tape. Please verify that tape is timecoded correctly."

My project is DV-NTSC. Drop Frame. I've tried turning Drop Frame both on and off, both in the camera and the sequence.

With PTT, I was able to override that Timecode message, but I got a 28 minute film with no timecode! Even when I went in to recapture it, the TC read as "00:00:00.01" for the whole film.

Does anyone know if there's specific instructions out there for ETT/PTT with an HVX? I'm in VCR mode, and there are many options in the menu. Solution might be finding the perfect combination....

Thanks,
Jason
Re: HVX and Print to Video / Edit to Tape
November 04, 2009 03:56PM
Cameras are designed to SHOOT and record video...not really meant for mastering to tape. For that you really need a deck. Or...can you route to the camera and just press RECORD and then PLAY? I have heard this issue with the HVX before. But, I stand by my answer. Cameras aren't for mastering, only for shooting.

Get or rent a deck.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics