firewire port???

Posted by fah q 
firewire port???
November 17, 2009 09:53PM
I have a mac os x 10.6.1, and i am trying to connect my firewire ieee 1394 and the computer doesnt have a firewire port. the computer itself doesnt have a hardrive. I hear that mac is taking the firewire ports out all together. My question is how can upload the footage into my computer now?? any suggestions would help thank you
Re: firewire port???
November 17, 2009 10:13PM
What machine are you trying to work on?

November 17, 2009 10:25PM
machine??? im using my mac my blackstar pro harddrive and a cannon mini dv handicam(like the sony one) and 4-pin, 6-pin firewire cable anf Final Cut Pro 6
November 18, 2009 01:31AM
Which Mac are you using?

November 18, 2009 01:38AM
I guess actually its not that important, now that I think about it. The fact is your computer is not set up to capture via firewire, so it's not compatible with your camera. What you need to do, then, is to capture it on a computer that can handle the job, then transfer the quicktime .movs it produces to your computer, or external HD to work on.

The only problem could be if your computer is really old there might be compatibility issues, but this is unlikely. Unless we're talking REALLY old.

November 19, 2009 04:39PM
What Jude said, plus you could have a really new Mac with only that squarish FireWire 800 port. In which case you run down to your favorite computer store and pick up a Sonnet 400-to-800 adapter plug, which I had to do to capture from my Sony.

Or go online, they're all over the place, for about US$10.

- Loren

Today's FCP keytip:
Invoke your Opacity/Audio Levels Adjust dialog with
Command-Option-L !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics