RED Conform Question

Posted by Jeff C 
RED Conform Question
January 09, 2010 08:01PM
Hey I have a rather interesting situation!

So I cut a feature that was shot on the RED. Cut in FCP v 7.0 did the offline using Pro Res 422. We are a week away from pic lock and I am getting ready to hand off to our colorist. Here is the deal. A rather big company has offered to do our color grading for a phenomenal price. However they have never worked out a workflow for the RED camera because they have never done anything that was shot on the RED. Due to their generous offer and the lack of our funds, they will not be able to handle the conform for the online in house. The company has set us up with on outside vendor who said that they would handle the conform for us but you guessed it, way out of our price league. We checked with our color grading company and they want us to deliver the following:

Question

Trying to online it to a 4K 16bit tiff, (format settings: Camera RGB & GammaRec 709). How do we do that?

I believe that they will be coloring on a Pablo which is why they are requesting the delivery specs noted above.

Thanks for your help and taking the time to read this post.

Sorry but I am very new at this tech stuff so bare with me if I have not included all of the proper wording.
Re: RED Conform Question
January 09, 2010 09:49PM
Lots of people will help you out at the Reduser forum

There are subforums for specific workflows but not one specific to Pablo yet. There are people who have posted with questions about Pablo before and some owner/operators who maybe able to help.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
Re: RED Conform Question
January 10, 2010 11:43AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

JEFF
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics