IDVD 16X9 from FCP..not quite the same old question...

Posted by paul kelleher 
IDVD 16X9 from FCP..not quite the same old question...
January 11, 2010 12:19AM
I've been exporting 16X9 sequences from FCP, changing the video settings in QT to 853X480 to get IDVD to burn a 16X9 DVD for a long time now. Has always been fine. All of a sudden, its not working. The DVD is playing squished ( black bars left and right) in a 16X9 window... Has something changed? I have to REALLY pre-widen the image in QT to get it to fill the IDVD 16X9 window, and that seems to be introducing a host of other problems ( green line on the bottom of the screen, interlacing crappy looking image, etc)

I know I can move to DVDSP, but I really like the animated templates on iDVD ( or the one I constantly use anyway) and this ( i should say THESE- 3 projects- same result) is a one clip simple DVD. Throw the clip onto the menu and its done..

In any case I hate to leave a good mystery unsolved

ps- one oddity I havent pinned down. I have seen some files come out of FCP as 873 X 480, instead of 853? related?

Thanks

Paul
MacPro
FCP 7
Idvd7
Re: IDVD 16X9 from FCP..not quite the same old question...
January 11, 2010 05:26AM
Paul, I think most recent version of QuickTime "fixed" that need to resize from 820 to 873 so just try to skip it and see if that doesn't fix you problem.

Phil Cramer
Indianapolis
January 11, 2010 10:37AM
You know I think you are right Phil. I am relooking and find that FCP IS putting out a widescreen QT file ( although again, its 873, shouldn't this be 853?).

But the problem remains, putting this into a widescreen iDVD menu yields a squished playback, so maybe this is the same old problem with iDVD after all.

Any body got any new answers -or can answer why, if I take this file and stretch it out to 1033 or so, in order to fill the iDVD 16X9 playback window, I get a green line along the bottom of the screen, what looks to be badly interlaced titles, and pixelation? As it is I now have no way to put out a 16/9 iDVD, which I have been doing forever. So something changed ( or someone changed something- umm...wait theres only me here..oops)

Thanks

paul
January 11, 2010 10:51AM
> I know I can move to DVDSP, but I really like the animated templates on iDVD

Last I checked, those iDVD templates translate into DVD Studio Pro with functions intact. Try opening an iDVD project file in DVDSP.

www.derekmok.com
January 11, 2010 11:14AM
DVDSp wont open iDVD projects created in iDVD 5 or later.... and my preferred template is from iDVD 6, but I'm starting to look for workarounds
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics