Slow Motion with XDCam Ex 720P 50p footage => change to 25fps

Posted by Tommiferdi 
Slow Motion with XDCam Ex 720P 50p footage => change to 25fps
January 19, 2010 04:50AM
Hello,

I want to ask if someone knows how to change XDCam EX 720P 50p Footage (from a Sony EX3) into 25fps to get a Slow Motion Clip with 50% Speed. I´m using Final Cut Studio 3.

Thanks
Thomas
Re: Slow Motion with XDCam Ex 720P 50p footage => change to 25fps
January 19, 2010 05:56AM
Have you tried cinema tools

Derek
January 19, 2010 07:10AM
When we overcrank our Sony XDCAM EX1 to shoot 760p60 underwater, I have to put the footage in a 59.94 frame rate timeline and then apply the Change Speed effect to 50% with blend frames unchecked. This produces the undercranking lossless slo-mo effect you are seeking. I would think it would work the same in Pal land but with 50 and 25 frame speeds.
Thank You
January 20, 2010 04:00AM
Hello,

Cinema Tools is working. But I found out that I have to change my XDCam Footage with GOP structure into ProRES. Changing the frame rate is just available for codecs without a GOP structure.
Later I will also test Tom´s way.

Thank you

Thomas
January 20, 2010 02:03PM
Thomas, the way you did it was the right way. T. Jackson's way will not work properly. You want a frame for frame conversion, and Cinema Tools does that. If you put the footage into a 60fps timeline, and slow it down, you get repeated frames. If you put the footage into a 30fps timeline, and slow it down...it is 30fps, but with repeated frames. That method does not do frame-for-frame conversion.

You did it right.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics