HELLLLP!

Posted by rkalisek 
HELLLLP!
January 19, 2010 10:53AM
Long time reader, first time writer. Please forgive if my question has been addressed and I missed it.

My problem: Recently upgraded FCS to new version (FinalCut 7) and now am unable to log and capture. The camera tape drive operates as expected, but no image or audio appears in the Log and Capture window. If I try to capture, the Capture Status window appears as usual, and after a few seconds 'No Data from Device' appears and the capture aborts, stopping the camera.

What I've tried: As suggested in the forum, I deleted Quicktime receipts and cleaned the firewire connectors. When that didn't work, I purchased a new firewire cable. Still no go.

My system: Mac Pro (Quad Core Intel Xeon) running OS 10.5.8 and MacBook Pro (Core Duo) also running 10.5.8. Though the behaviors are slightly different, neither computer gets data from the camera (Sony Z1).

Important note: I AM able to log and transfer clips from a Canon Vixia via USB.

Your expertise is so greatly appreciated!!

Regards, Randy
Re: HELLLLP!
January 19, 2010 10:55AM
List your Audio/Video Settings.

I remember several different permutations of this problem. You may have to reinstall fresh (upgrades are iffier than clean installs), but let's rule out other possibilities first.

www.derekmok.com
Re: HELLLLP!
January 19, 2010 11:55AM
Currently on phone with Apple....

They just came back and asked me to turn "I-link Conversion" to 'off'
It was on -- don't know why or for how long -- but I'm now up and running!!

Thanx! Randy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics