Importing an Excel FCP Log

Posted by rdedits 
Importing an Excel FCP Log
January 24, 2010 12:19AM
I have several logs the producer has created using an Excel FCP Log Template which I am trying to import into FCP 6. I keep getting file error messages when trying to import them. After I save the excel file as a "text tab delimited" file they seem to import using the "import batch list as 29.97fps..." selection but once they finish importing into the bin I get an error stating "error reading batch list" although the imported log seems to look o.k. to me. What am I doing wrong when importing these log files?

rich
Re: Importing an Excel FCP Log
January 24, 2010 08:20PM
Is this normal? Anybody???
January 24, 2010 08:48PM
Most like the log has an error in it. The batch list has to be in an exact format that corresponds to the FCP column structure.
January 24, 2010 09:45PM
According to the producer, supposedly the log is formatted so FCP will see it properly. I'm new to FCP so I am basing it on what the producer tells me. I look at the list after it has been imported and honestly can't see what is wrong with it, looks to be the same list I see when it is opened in Excel.
January 25, 2010 02:29AM
If the list is importing correctly there's probably a line in that's wrong, or maybe some additional text that's included that FCP can't interpret.
January 25, 2010 11:23AM
or some character that FCP can't import. Look for $#@%^&* or other non-text non-number formats - and : are also not a good idea.

Philip
January 25, 2010 11:42AM
I would even suspect an extra blank line at the end of the file you're trying to import. FCP is very picky about the format of batch files. Rich said it "finishes exporting" and then gives the error, so if that perception is correct it may mean everything was fine until the end.

Scott
January 25, 2010 10:15PM
You know what blows? I've imported all these logs and just when I was ready to do my batch import the deck died! I'll post back what results I do get once we get a new machine shipped in. Sometimes I hate this business...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics