Truncated video

Posted by Flipper7 
Truncated video
March 08, 2010 04:29PM
I have a project 1920X1080 ex1hd 30p that plays clips fine but when I import a file, a standard screen capture .mov fil, while it plas full frame in the qt player, the image is truncated on the right and bottom; zomed in as it would appear,. No cropping no nothing. It's just more magnified and thus cut of than the sequence settings. Anyone had this happen before?
Re: Truncated video
March 08, 2010 04:48PM
First thing to check are your Viewer and Canvas display size. Make sure they are set to Fit to Window or smaller.

Second, screen-captured movie files often have jumbled data that results in illusions of bad framing and even confusing the playhead so that where the playhead rests is, in fact, not where the image is.

Render it to see what it truly looks like. I'm assuming you've already ascertained that the dimensions and codec of your screen-capture software are already set to match your timeline.

www.derekmok.com
March 08, 2010 06:21PM
Yep. I thought codec too but no. As to the rendering, yep, did that too. I even imported the screen capture into a new project, set the setting to match the clip and output it to a separate movie and imported that movie into the original project. It came out the right size but illegible. It's really strange. The teh obnly stats that don't match in the browser are the 1920X1080 master clip size and the screen capture's size of 1159X720. Both compressors are XDCAM HD 1080p. although one is 1.3MBsec and the master clips is 4.3 and both are square pixels. I can't find any reason for the anomoly.
March 08, 2010 06:22PM
And, when I screen the clip in the viewer, it full frame but when I drag it into the timeline, it shows in the Canvas as cut off. And yes, both the Viewer and the Canvas are Fit to Window.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics