Markers in Browser!!!!

Posted by abedenmark 
Markers in Browser!!!!
March 29, 2010 06:35PM
Hello,

I've got Final Cut Pro 7. I used the marker system to breakdown my footage. But I'm finding that in the FCP browser...it will only list about fifteen markers and then STOPS listing them. I need to see them ALL when I click on a media file. It's how I find what I need.

Is there any setting to make it so ALL My markers and marker labels are visible? Thanks!

Scott
Re: Markers in Browser!!!!
March 29, 2010 07:34PM
It must be a problem with your setup, Scott. I just did a test and easily got up to 27 markers visible in the browser.. I'll just go to 50 to check..

Yep - 50 markers in TC order.

Trash your preferences?

March 29, 2010 08:02PM
Yikes...really? I'm afraid I have assistants do most of this stuff. How does one trash FCP preferences? Thanks.
March 29, 2010 08:04PM
Here's the FAQ - some of the utilities listed are probably your best bet.

Trashing Preferences

March 30, 2010 06:06PM
Wait, this is a well known problem with the Browser. DIfferent limit for different people, maybe, but there is a limit to what the Browser displays and it's real annoying.

But there is a solution! Double click your bin to open it in its own window, and now you have lots more room to work with your markers, and the Browser is much more accepting of them. Don't know why it does this, and it seems real arbitrary where it cuts off.

another Scott
March 30, 2010 10:55PM
it's some sort of display issue, i believe.

opening the bin in it's own tab forces a refresh on the display.
i've also found swapping to another browser tab (effects, say) and back will also do the trick.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics