Close Gap in Final Cut Pro 7

Posted by abedenmark 
Close Gap in Final Cut Pro 7
April 03, 2010 04:56PM
Good Saturday!

I've recently upgraded to FCP 7. I usually assign the "close gap" to my Y key...and when I park right over the gap between media in the timeline, I hit "y" and the gap is closed. With V7, for some reason...when I try this...the cursor skips to several gaps EARLIER in the timeline, gaps I am okay with a the moment, instead of addressing the gap I am parked over!

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Scott
Re: Close Gap in Final Cut Pro 7
April 03, 2010 05:17PM
This seems to occur sometimes in projects updated from an earlier version.

All the best,

Tom
April 04, 2010 10:56PM
I've just noticed the same issue, after installing the ProApps update from Apple. I don't have a custom hotkey for Close Gap, I just use Ctrl-G, and it's always worked. But now, it closes the first gap in the timeline rather than the gap around my playhead. Incredibly annoying and I filed the bug with Apple, but no response.

Let me know if you figure it out.
April 05, 2010 08:35AM
Was this a project updated from an earlier version?

All the best,

Tom
April 05, 2010 08:55AM
Yes it was...it used to be a Version 5.6.1 (or something like that) and it is now Version 7. But I created all new timelines within V7 and recut everthing I had previously cut INTO those new timelines. And I only noticed this problem over the weekend and had been working on it bit by bit for weeks!
April 05, 2010 09:12AM
But in the same project that was updated from 5.1.x, correct? Or was this a new project with the media imported?

All the best,

Tom
April 05, 2010 10:02AM
Yes, the project was opened, and updated, into FCP 7 and the new timelines were created within that new project. Are you saying I need to completely re-created the project in FCP 7 and then make new timelines to solve this problem? I surely can do that, but what a chore. winking smiley Thanks!
April 05, 2010 10:15AM
Or just click in the gap you want to remove and press the delete key.

All the best,

Tom
April 05, 2010 08:01PM
No, this project was started in the latest FCP 7. That's why it's a real headscratcher.
April 05, 2010 08:03PM
Tom Wolsky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Or just click in the gap you want to remove and
> press the delete key.

I've been using FCP since v1 and I had no idea that worked. Thank you one million.
April 05, 2010 10:27PM
The two delete keys do different things too. The big one deletes clips and leaves a gap, the small one closes the gap, except in the case of gaps, in which case you just delete the gap altogether, since deleting a gap and leaving a gap behind is a leeeetle bit counterproductive. smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics