Intensity Pro has no HDMI sync

Posted by J.Corbett 
Intensity Pro has no HDMI sync
April 06, 2010 10:09PM
I installed a BM intensity Pro and drivers. The lcd i am trying to monitor on says, " No Sync" when switched to HDMI input.
The cable i am using is for bluray.
I was told at the store (Staples) that there was a desktop to TV cable also.

I have no video or audio on my LCD. What am I missing?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Intensity Pro has no HDMI sync
April 07, 2010 01:51AM
Is there a DECKLINK interface? One OUTSIDE of FCP? AJA has the AJA CONTROL PANEL, and Matrox as the MXO2 and MXO System Preference. Is there one for DECKLINK? If so, how is THAT set?

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
April 07, 2010 10:17AM
As Shane has round about pointed out, this is a Capture Card's Support question. Contact Blackmagic.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 07, 2010 12:28PM
Contach? Nice new pic joe!

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
April 07, 2010 12:31PM
> Nice new pic joe!

Ha ha...much less "Prince of Darkness".

www.derekmok.com
April 07, 2010 12:36PM
I contached black magic and the problem is solved. I have picture and audio.

Though the footage is much much less sharp on my 26inch 720p lcd. LOOKs perfect on the cpu monitor though. Its about a 30% difference in sharpness and color. I have my lcd set to 50% everything (contrast, color, sharpness and so on)

Looks better than dv but it doesn't jump out to me as HD like it does on the cpu monitor. (codec-720p24 Prores422)

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

""""
April 07, 2010 12:45PM

Ha ha...much less "Prince of Darkness".

Since you put it that way...you are due for a new one, brother. No more "Prince 'O Darkness"? No more camo visor tongue sticking out smiley

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

April 07, 2010 12:48PM
> No more "Prince 'O Darkness"? No more camo visor

You can say it...no more "'80s wannabe Stallone dork". the finger smiley

Yeah, I'm overdue too.

www.derekmok.com
April 07, 2010 10:10PM
J
I have an Intensity card not the Pro but I find I get a much better signal to my HD Monitor when I have my Camera plugged in and turned on to the input via HDMI.
You might give that a try.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
April 07, 2010 11:57PM
J.Corbett Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Though the footage is much much less sharp on my
> 26inch 720p lcd. LOOKs perfect on the cpu monitor
> though. Its about a 30% difference in sharpness
> and color. I have my lcd set to 50% everything
> (contrast, color, sharpness and so on)
>
> Looks better than dv but it doesn't jump out to me
> as HD like it does on the cpu monitor.
> (codec-720p24 Prores422)

Like any external monitor, you need to calibrate it by sending a reference signal to it and adjusting the controls appropriately. The best way is to use a hardware calibration device.

You cannot expect the picture to look correct by "abitrarily" setting the controls to 50% of everything... And, calibration only applies to a given ambient light condition (if light ambient light levels change, then your calibration settings must change).

A good first step may be to connect the monitor to a BD player and use a monitor calibration disc to set up the color, brightness, contrast, etc. Then, you could output the appropriate "bars" from FCP to verify the calibration. The details of this are better stated in numerous articles on monitor calibration that you can find elsewhere. Of course, calibration the monitor for an HD signal won't be valid for an SD signal, and vice versa. And so on...

Too bad the Intensity Pro only works from within FCS (and Adobe's apps?)... This may make it difficult to use any Mac-based calibration tools.

Best of luck!

-Dave

P.S. - Of course, unless your LCD is truly a professional quality device, you'll only get "somewhat close" (poor to good quality) to displaying a true reference image on the monitor.
April 08, 2010 12:16AM
Your TV might not be the best. They really aren't recommended, unless you get something like a ProPlasma. They are better than nothing...but know that what you see is actually what the footage looks like. What you see on the computer monitor isn't.

But what do I know? I use Kona's and MXO2s. I haven't used the intensity at all, but I have seen it in action. Looks decent.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
April 08, 2010 12:48AM
yep, no blue gun on this monitor. It is simply an Insignia HDTV i have had in my bedroom not being used much.
I did find that in color1 the output seemed to be cleaner and less grainy (before the grade) than fcp on the same codec.
When i finished the grade and brought it back to fcp it was more of what i expected but still not as clean as the color1 output.

Shane, my next move is the MXO2 and a new monitor. I don't want the large monitor i am just needing something 26-32. My desk is already full with a 22 inch flat and a broadcast sd broadcast monitor. ProPlasma doesn't seem to come that small. What other brand would you recommend?

I am gonna burn a dvd to see how it holds up in mpeg2. Then i can test it on many screens.

HERE IS THE SEQUENCE -> 62mb / 1m19s

""""
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics