Need P2 Assistance

Posted by Emmetreddy 
Need P2 Assistance
May 11, 2010 02:57AM
Hi guys i have been given 3 folders with what i was told was 3 p2 cards one folder has the contents folder plus all the correct folders audio clip icon proxy video voice and the lastclip.txt file and it seems to import ok.
The other folder has all the folders but no LASTCLIP.TXT file but the files dont add up its has 276 audio items i know its got 4 tracks of audio so i should have 69 video files and i have 79 there are 288 clip .xml files and and 288 icons so i suppose thats something good then i have another folder with more .mxf files and an audio file no other folders or LASTCLIP.TXT file.
Man its a dogs dinner any ideas.
Thanks Emmet
Re: Need P2 Assistance
May 11, 2010 03:06AM
Uh, can you please use some punctuation? I can't make heads nor tails out of that mess of words regarding the files you have.

www.derekmok.com
May 11, 2010 03:35AM
Sorry hope this is clearer.
i have been given 3 folders, with what i was told was 3 p2 cards. One folder has the contents folder plus all the correct folders i.e. audio, clip, icon, proxy, video, voice, and the lastclip.txt file and it seems to import ok.
The other folder has all the folders but no LASTCLIP.TXT file, but the files dont add up its has 276 audio items, i know its got 4 tracks of audio so i should have 69 video files and i have 79. There are 288 clip .xml files and 288 icons so i suppose thats something good. Then i have another folder with more .mxf files and an audio file no other folders or LASTCLIP.TXT file.
Man its a dogs dinner any ideas.
Thanks Emmet
May 11, 2010 07:17AM
It's still not completely clear.
You should have a folder for each card, each folder should contain the CONTENTS folder and the LASTCLIP.TXT.
The CONTENTS folder should contain following folders:
CLIP
VOICE
PROXY
AUDIO
VIDEO
ICON

The amount of .mxf video files is the important thing (though you might have audio only on some models).
If you got more icon files than video files, probably the camera operator has 'quick' deleted some video files. Audio can have up to 8 tracks per file, so you can't say by the amount of audio files how many video clips should be there. You can figure out the number of audio tracks per clip if you sort the audio files by date and look at the last two digits before the '.MXF'.

The LASTCLIP.TXT is only needed to keep spanned clips/cards together but is required by some software packages to make the card readable.

To reconstruct a LASTCLIP.TXT file is pretty easy:
Open TextEdit and make sure you're in 'Plain Text' mode.
Open VIDEO folder and search for the last clip. This should be done by sorting this folder items by date in list view of this folder - NOT by name. Double check whether the first four digits as number are really the highest number.
Type or copy the file name WITHOUT the extension into your TextEdit document.
Hit return and type 1.0 and hit return.
Look at your VIDEO folder again and check the number of items included - add 1 to this number.
Type this number into your TextEdit document. Hit return.
You might get something like this:
0034S3

Save the file to the card folder as LASTCLIP.TXT at the level of the CONTENTS folder.

Regards
Andreas
May 13, 2010 12:05AM
Neat summary, Andreas! Thank you! I'll have to tackle this archived media as well in the fullness of time.

- Loren

Today's FCP 7 keytip:
Invoke Range Check in Viewer or Canvas with Control-Z !

Your Final Cut Studio KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
May 13, 2010 02:42AM
Thanks Andreas for the info, i put all my fiiles into one folder and selected that folder, Im not sure how but i was able to import all the files. Yipee
Cheers Emmet
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics