mxf to fcp

Posted by envisaging 
mxf to fcp
May 20, 2010 10:33PM
I am working on a G5 dual 2G machine running 10.5.8, fcp 6.0.6. I was given a drive that has footage on it that I need to edit with. I did not get the footage from the camera to the drive, someone else did. I have searched for advice, and have tried "video converter" and calibrated and I can't figure out what I'm doing. I've tried log and transfer and it doesn't recognize the files at all.

Can someone please guide me?
Re: mxf to fcp
May 21, 2010 12:15AM
Where did they come from and what sort of folder directory do you have?

www.strypesinpost.com
Re: mxf to fcp
May 21, 2010 04:15PM
Go here:calibrated software

email the developer (it's one guy) and he'll get back to you -- it's a great program that lets you edit and access MFX files natively in final cut or Quicktime without having to convert them.

You likely have audio and video files mixed in there and you will have to combine the clips in Final Cut Browser

sort them by timecode and they will come up as video and Aiff files (likely) with same starting TC. Select the starting timecode pieces that match and pull down under I think it's MODIFY menu and chose merge clips -- you then get one editable audio video file that works just like a regular .mov file in Final Cut

Good luck - Best Andy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics