OT: FCS4 - Apple is kicking us out. Screw that professional Crowd. Maybe

Posted by J.Corbett 
OT: FCS4 - Apple is kicking us out. Screw that professional Crowd. Maybe
May 25, 2010 11:43AM
I found this article to be really interesting especially since other Apple activities seem to lend so credence to this. Apple has been going so hard for the consumer buyers with things like iphone and iPad, and other non-robust products.

I do not think that they will go backwards in the next version but maybe CS5 has put fear in their chest. Maybe they do wanna compete with it.

Of Course this is all speculation but i don't see much movement in Apple to address professional video and audio needs. It would seem that they would have made the iPad control surface compatible with software like FCS and Logic. They have not increased the development team for FCS nor have they addressed Shake not being updated since i purchased it in 05'.

I wouldn't be surprised if this article has merit.

Article excerpt:

Apple Insider reports that Apple is looking to gear the new version of Final Cut Studio towards consumers instead of professionals, despite the fact that Final Cut Studio is a professional program. Not that this rumor isn?t completely surprising considering Apple?s recent iPhone/iPad trend, but this would be a serious mistake on Apple?s part. Creative Professionals would be forced to use different software (most notably a certain offering from Apple?s very public enemy), meaning Apple couldn?t lead the charge regarding video formats, meaning ProRes, H.264, and even Quicktime?s future could be left in trouble. This would resonate not only through the creative community, but ultimately to the iPhone OS, with less content available in Apple?s desired formats.

[macsoda.com]

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: OT: FCS4 - Apple is kicking us out. Screw that professional Crowd. Maybe
May 25, 2010 11:45AM
Old news. Please refer to the currently open thread on this.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics