scrolling text

Posted by hunterlee 
scrolling text
May 27, 2010 02:15AM
when i do a scrolling text in FCP. The letters are shaky.
anyone have the same issue?

Mac Pro
FCP 6.06
Re: scrolling text
May 27, 2010 04:27AM
Use the Boris Title Crawl tool instead. The default FCP text tools aren't of very good quality.

www.strypesinpost.com
May 27, 2010 07:20PM
Also, don't make them 100% white, make sure the font is not thin and serify and make sure the font size is large enough so that the thinnest lines are more than 3 pixels wide. Then if you still have problems you can apply the 'deflicker' filter.

November 30, 2010 03:26AM
Hi,

I'm trying to use the Boris Title Crawl effect. I'd like to be able to have the character name followed by a blank space followed by the actor's name, and so forth with all the cast. But I want it as they use it in the movies, where the character names are aligned to the right and the actors names are aligned to the left; and no matter the different lengths of the names, the blank space in the middle is always centered.

Example:

at minute 1:52.

Thanks for any help provided. ;-)

Kabokuti.
November 30, 2010 04:00AM
You can do this but it's a little tricky. In the ruler at the top you double clip to create an alignment tab. Click it till you have a right alignment tab. Make another one and click it till you have a left alignment tab. Space them apart how you like. Use the tab key to move between the tabs to type your text. It's explained in more detail in the Boris documentation that's on the install disc.

All the best,

Tom
November 30, 2010 07:59PM
Thanks Tom, I'll try it right away!
November 30, 2010 10:49PM
You could also try doing the scroll in PS/AI/AE or in Motion. I find that AE renders title scrolls much faster than Boris.

www.strypesinpost.com
December 01, 2010 12:00AM
If you use the default FCP scroll text tool, you can get the space you want separating the titles/names with an asterisk (no spaces). The space can then be modified in Gap Width (Browser>Controls).
The flickering can be avoided by following Jude Cotter's suggestions.
Good luck!

Alberto
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics