Alias edges on DVD

Posted by preditor 
Alias edges on DVD
June 26, 2010 05:03PM
I have created two DVDs w/ DVD Pro, utilizing the same assets, but the first DVD looks better that the second. The original material is 720p, output the timeline as a single Quicktime, not recompressed, and dropped it into Compressor at the 90min Best setting. The 25 min piece looks great on the first DVD, where it's the only video, but on the compliation DVD with the other pieces, there is a lot of "sawtoothing" on the edges. The second DVD totals 4.3g, with the other pieces, Compressed the same way and they have edge "aliasing" issues also.

Why would the same assets from the 25 min piece put into this second DVD Pro project have this issue? Is there a way to smooth it out?

Thanks!

John
Re: Alias edges on DVD
June 27, 2010 08:25PM
"utilizing the same assets,"
"on the compliation DVD with the other pieces"

What is the difference between the two DVDs?

June 28, 2010 07:36PM
I actually went back to DVD Pro, deleted the track and the asset that had the "sawtoothing"...created a new track and dropped the same asset back in, and the problem went away. It's possible it was recompressing? The assets are the MPEG2 and AC3 files that compressor created from the Pro Res timeline.

Thanks!
June 28, 2010 11:16PM
"Sawtoothing" in the colors (red particularly) is a phenomenon I only see in DV footage. Are you recompressing in DV-NTSC Codec?

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics