clips not importing from HVX

Posted by radam04 
clips not importing from HVX
June 29, 2010 05:43PM
I'm trying to import this long clip from my HVX into FCP ver 6. I'm using "Log and Transfer," and the firewire port on the camera, not any P2 deck. FCP has broken up the long clip into 4 shorter ones which I can view in the preview window.

The last one imported successfully, but the other three say "Error: Unknown" after I drag them into the queue and it seemingly completes the transfer. The clip is 17 minutes total. How can I import these clips? I need to return the camera tonight, so time is running out. Thanks for any help
Re: clips not importing from HVX
June 29, 2010 05:54PM
Oh, hold on. I just examined the P2 deck on the HVX and saw that one card wasn't pushed in all the way. This has gotta be the problem. When I went back into FCP, the clip now showed up as one long clip, instead of being chopped up. I'm transferring it now.

If I still have problems I will post, but as of now, just chalk this up to general idiocy.
June 29, 2010 06:28PM
Ok, yes, the clip is still not exporting. I still get the "Error: Unknown" after it spends 20-30 minutes transferring. Does anyone have any ideas? Time is a factor, so I really appreciate any help.
June 29, 2010 08:09PM
in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
June 29, 2010 08:56PM
For some reason my FCP (which is the version 6.0.6) doesn't have the P2 or Panasonic option on the Import menu. I'd seen that elsewhere online and don't know why I don't have it.

What I'm trying now is just offloading the P2 cards onto my harddrive instead of directly importing them. Not sure how to import them into FCP from my HD, but we'll see
June 29, 2010 08:56PM
Oh, and thanks for that suggestion, Shane.
June 29, 2010 09:25PM
Ohhhh, I see what you mean now, within the Log & Transfer window. I've unchecked "Remove pulldown" and am transferring it now. Fingers crossed...
June 29, 2010 10:00PM
Ok, that didn't work either. Do I have any other options? This makes no sense
June 29, 2010 10:10PM
Is the original folder structure intact? Do you have the "last clip" txt file for all the folders?

Do you have P2CMS installed on the machine?

[eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp]

With this software it allows you to directly import mxf clips into the FCP timeline, one last ditch measure is to sync it up and export as a self contained quicktime movie.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 29, 2010 11:57PM
I installed it but couldn't figure out how to export it specifically as a QT file. I could export it, but it seemed to just stay in the format, and I couldn't import it when in FCP.
June 30, 2010 01:52PM
The P2CMS comes with a plugin that lets you drag the mxf clips directly into FCP, as both video and audio. It is not the most ideal solution, but the data isn't lost.

The other solution (a better one), is to contact Panasonic support.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics