Crashing Arrangement

Posted by J.Corbett 
Crashing Arrangement
July 04, 2010 02:10AM
I have a window arrangement called 'TallB'. I use to use it a lot but i started noticing that FCP behaves differently in this config. i get more stutters and a bunch of really small hick-ups.

Now it crashes in this configuration. Has anyone experienced this?
Here is a shot of the config.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
Re: Crashing Arrangement
July 04, 2010 08:41AM
Crashing and other behaviors are not related to the window arrangement. Look to something else.

All the best,

Tom
July 04, 2010 10:05AM
It could be corrupt. Have you tried deleting and recreating it?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
July 04, 2010 11:28AM
no i haven't tried that but i will today.

Tom
It only crashes in that configuration. In all other window configuration it is 100% stable. I can edit in Two-Up and never close FCP for say 3 days and it will not crash. Then when i switch to TallB, it will crash within 5min.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
July 04, 2010 05:48PM
I have used this configuration for years when I begin a project. It's never crashed on me.

All the best,

Tom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics