Avid Liquid to: FCP 6.0.3

Posted by Jewel 
Avid Liquid to: FCP 6.0.3
July 08, 2010 02:25AM
I'm trying to make some fixes on an hour-long show a guy cut on his Avid Liquid (PC). I was able to export an EDL from Liquid on his machine, and brought his external hard drive over to my FCP (dual core Intel iMac), but of course there are problems.

The main problems are:

The EDL I imported into my FCP seems to have weird clip names that don't match any of his media names. They all have "import@" in front of the clip name.

His drives (500 gb WD USB 2.0 "My Books"winking smiley are also formatted for PC - my iMac seems to read them all right, but will they still be a problem? (I'm trying not to freak out over the cheap drives...)

Also, it seems that a lot of his media actually got digitzed to another of his drives (hopefully not his main) - but he doesn't know how to look for the media, let alone move them - and I'm not a PC user -...

Clues?
Re: Avid Liquid to: FCP 6.0.3
July 08, 2010 04:08AM
Yeah...make the fixes on his Avid Liquid. Or rent one. The time/effort/money you invest in trying to port this over to Avid might not make it worth the effort. You will not be able to read the media without third party options. If they exist. Not sure how Liquid does things...different than Media Composer.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
July 08, 2010 09:12AM
And make sure you backup his media right away. Twice. Western Digital MyBooks are time bombs.

www.derekmok.com
July 08, 2010 09:22AM

I'm trying not to freak out over the cheap drives...

I would be freaking out. I would get that media off there ASAP. Those drives are garbage.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

July 09, 2010 07:05AM
grafixjoe Wrote:
> I would be freaking out. I would get that media
> off there ASAP. Those drives are garbage.

I definitively can confirm that.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
July 09, 2010 03:22PM
Western Digital MyBook -- great doorstops -lousy video drives.
July 09, 2010 04:17PM
I don't even think they will hold a door open.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics