can't export sequence as edited

Posted by davko 
can't export sequence as edited
July 26, 2010 06:44PM
I've just completed my cut, and because I had to use a number of clips from a defective tape (bad time codes, broken images, etc.), FCP is referencing those clips to totally different media after they are rendered. Therefore, I cannot export my sequence to QT, since it's automatically rendered.

Is there any way to salvage my cut so that "what I see is what I'll get?" Or am I doomed to see it only in my unrendered time line, and nowhere else? I've already tried putting the entire sequence into the viewer and overwriting it into a new sequence, but no luck.
Re: can't export sequence as edited
July 26, 2010 08:24PM
Can you go out to tape, then re-capture this? Just connect your deck correctly, hit record and play the timeline as it. Don't use edit to tape.

July 26, 2010 08:26PM
What is your capture codec and what is your sequence codec?

www.strypesinpost.com
July 26, 2010 08:56PM
I've elected to output straight to tape from the time line, as the first respondent suggested. A good idea, but I can't seem to get a plain signal off the time line as it's playing. I've tried going to a tape deck and to my DVD recorder -- nether is picking up a signal. And if I choose "Print to Video," it again renders the sequence!

I've checked my settings; they seem right (fire wire is selected). Anything I might be missing here?
July 26, 2010 09:12PM
Yes. Details. Make sure video playback is set to firewire DV, and your sequence is set to DV. You'll drop frames or picture quality on playback on sections that are not rendered.

I suggest you relook the issue, because rendering and having a different image after rendering is not a common or expected occurance.

www.strypesinpost.com
July 26, 2010 09:46PM
You still haven't told us your clip and sequence settings.

www.derekmok.com
July 26, 2010 10:02PM
Right. I'm using DV NTSC and Apple Pro 422 for my QT compressor.
July 27, 2010 12:05PM
Problem solved! Thanks to all you guys for your help.
July 27, 2010 12:07PM
i had a similar problem a while ago.

bad "capture now" files from a telecine, had some sort of corrupt or ng timecode.

if we rendered or exported the content of each shot would shift by 3 frames (sometimes 2).

the solution turned out to be to export the BAD clips as quicktime movies, same settings.
there was no re-compression, but the TC track got re-written, and was fixed somehow.

after export the clips had the wrong TC. it was out by 3 frames (sometimes 2)
we had burn in, so that was easy to fix,
but you could check against the originals.

when the clips are matching, you should be able to re-connect to the new GOOD clips.
if you have the same problem, that is.

my system was latest everything as of 4 months ago:
FCP7, Quicktime & Snow Leopard.

nick
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics