YAY! It's ALIVE!

Posted by qeditor 
YAY! It's ALIVE!
September 17, 2010 12:07PM
LAFCPUG's graphic look, I mean. Well done.
Re: YAY! It's ALIVE!
September 17, 2010 08:51PM
Everyone thank Maurice Makaay over at phorum.org support. The guy is a genius PHP coder. Now we have to deal with the Wiki

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 17, 2010 08:54PM
Michael,

Any idea if we're going to see the missing posts re-inserted (~7 Aug to ~13 Sep)?

Thanks.

-Dave
September 17, 2010 09:09PM
Probably never. Not sure where those went too.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 17, 2010 10:10PM
Michael Horton
Probably never. Not sure where those went too.

Ouch!
confused smiley

That is unfortunate, to put it nicely... damned database thingies...

I guess Gerard was right... "lossy compression"
winking smiley

Glad things are working again!

-Dave
September 18, 2010 07:33PM
Thanks Maurice Makaay.
Glad it's working again Michael. I was thinking it was the Riddler causing the problem.

------------------------
Dean

"When I see you floating down the gutter I'll give you a bottle of wine."
Captain Beefheart, Trout Mask Replica.
September 25, 2010 12:42AM
Great work. Thanks Maurice Makaay!

- Justin Barham -
September 25, 2010 12:48AM
This time thanks go to Christoph Vornheim of CHV plug-ins

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 25, 2010 10:37AM
Is anyone else seeing posts not sort by "last post" time?

For example, this post was down the page a bit, whereas before it would have been near the top of the list of topics

-Dave
September 25, 2010 10:47AM
The "float to top" feature has yet to be turned on. There is a feature where the user can either turn it on or off and I'm trying to find it. As of now we can either turn it on as default and piss the people off who don't like it, or find it, and give the users a choice. For now it will remain off as we need to deal with a bunch of other stuff as we slowly roll this new forum out.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 25, 2010 11:06AM
Thanks, Michael.

Just to be clear, I was referring to the sorting of the list of topics, not individual posts within a given topic.

I can't imagine why you would want the sorting at the forum level (list of topics) to be anything but "latest post first" (except for sticky topics), just like it was before the problems started (and like pretty much everyone else has their forums set up).

I am glad to see things running, again, for sure. The traffic and the signal-to-noise levels here are just right (not too many posts to follow things and high quality help).

-Dave
September 25, 2010 11:13AM
Thats what float to top is. Just an expression. The problem with float to top is on long threads. Lets say you have a long thread and it dies for a couple days. A few NEW posts come in. Then someone posts on that long thread and that long thread now moves to the top and bumps those new posts down, sometimes WAY down so they become harder to find. Not everyone like float to top. But it will be back in. Just give us a couple days.

Michael Horton
-------------------
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics