Just lost my ability to log and transfer from my Sony HDR-CX550

Posted by sushipete 
Just lost my ability to log and transfer from my Sony HDR-CX550
October 03, 2010 04:31PM
Help. I installed a FCP update and now I cannot "Log and transfer" my footage from my Sony HDR CX550.

I am way out in Kenya and my only option is USB.

I was able to before to use this before.. now when I go to "Log and transfer" instead of FCP being pointed to my Sony camera.. it seems that FCP goes looking for the footage under the sequence name I am using.

And I have tried everything... any ideas.

Thank you.

Pete
Re: Just lost my ability to log and transfer from my Sony HDR-CX550
October 03, 2010 07:21PM
Can you drag your mounted volume folder from the desktop to the Log and Transfer browser window?

October 04, 2010 02:04AM
Jude, whenever I go to the Log and tansfer window my system crashes.
October 04, 2010 03:45AM
OK, for sanity's sake, download MPEG streamclip and see if that will open the files. If so, transcode to your preferred codec then import to FCP. Then, when you have time, troubleshoot the L&T problem.

October 04, 2010 06:18AM
Streamclip can't do AVCHD I don't think. You'd need ClipWrap for this. I would suspect a bad installation of the application or the OS if log and transfer crashes as soon as you open it.

All the best,

Tom
October 04, 2010 08:15AM
Oh, AVCHD - get Clipwrap instead : ClipWrap

Wish they would stop with the new-fangled codecs. I'm full now, thanks.

October 04, 2010 03:29PM
I'm not sure if the Log and Transfer plugin is different for each manufacturer, I'm using it for the Canon DSLR's.

For the Canon L&T Plugin there's a small "gear" drop down icon in the upper right of the clip bin, this is where you can set the source codec, target codec and custom file path.

Generally if a memory card is installed the plugin points at that, but if it was changed it might not default to that, so click on the gear, add custom path and point it at your card.
October 04, 2010 07:24PM
It's the same window, but his keeps crashing before he can do anything.

October 04, 2010 07:29PM
Is it possible he has a corruption in a previously mounted volume? If Log and Transfer was last closed with a volume mounted, it stays mounted whenever you access it. Is there a way to detach the FCP system from any available volume of media and launch Log and Transfer that way? If that is the issue, a preference dump might fix it as well (I don't know if remembering the last mounted volume is part of the project file or preferences; worth a shot).

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics