Bit OT: Some new options for TextUp Pro

Posted by Andreas Kiel 
Bit OT: Some new options for TextUp Pro
October 11, 2010 02:31AM
Hi all,

After several people in the past asked for an option to have different styles per paragraph for their subtitling jobs I modified my TextUp Pro text generator.
You can use control characters inside the text. These characters are the same used in DVD SP STLs: ^I and ^B. They also behave the same way, they are toggling the style master settings.

Example:

Master style: Bold/Italic
Text entry:
Hello
- me?

Result:
Hello
- me?

Modified text entry:
^IHello
- me?

Result:
Hello
- me?

I also modified TitleExchange to make use of this generator options, this makes interchange with DVD SP or other apps much better. Those people who are using TEP -- free version or Pro should update the app, the demo of the generator is included.

The demo of TextUp Pro could be downloaded from here:
[www.spherico.com]

Demo limitations: Text will we colored green.

Regards
Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
Re: Bit OT: Some new options for TextUp Pro
October 11, 2010 09:22AM
Andreas,

Thank you so much for the improvements.

I have been looking for a text generator for FCP, besides Boris Text 3D or Graffiti, that can actually do styled text, you know, like the Mac has always been able to do? It's 2010 and it's frustrating that you have to use an external application to create styled text for FCP (i.e., text that is "transparent" to XML files).

This gives us a few more options for titling within FCP. Bravo.

-Dave

P.S. - By "transparent," I refer to making text actually usable outside of FCP and by other applications. Boris's tools are wonderful, but they don't transfer to other apps and tools (as actual, editable text).
October 14, 2010 03:33PM
So I bought TextUp Pro and haven't received any link or any instructions whatsoever on what to do after the purchase. I am running the demo now, but need the full version I purchased. Does anyone know what's up with this?

Tangier
October 14, 2010 03:41PM
Just write Andreas.

kiel (at) spherico (dot) com

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 14, 2010 04:17PM
For Tangier and others who might buy or bought TextUp Pro.

Sorry if there is a delay in processing the PayPal payments. My mail server processes any incoming mail every 5 minutes to check if there is any payment or process. In the last months PayPal both often does have a long delay for sending payment notifications or a new flavour of payment notification (they think it's better for a german guy like me to sent it as 'you have received a payment' with some words attached). Result is that some of the orders are delayed - sorry for that.

With the new TextUp Pro all of the early birds to have the chance at the moment to use the demo as full version just by applying a new color to the font by using a filter.

Regards
Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
October 14, 2010 06:59PM
lol Andreas - you're not supposed to tell people how to hack your own software.

April 23, 2014 09:26AM
Hi

I just purchased the Pro and am hoping to get the unrestricted version to get rid of the "GreentextUp Demo" text at the start of my titles!

thanks

John Hepworth
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics