registration in Australia when FCS is bought in USA

Posted by mac addict 
registration in Australia when FCS is bought in USA
October 15, 2010 11:32PM
Hi I am interested in purchasing FCS from the States, have an American address so it can be posted there and then on to me . Slight worry that I may have a problem when I go to register it from Australia. Can anyone give advice please. Long time FCP/S user and am running a 15in Powerbook Pro 2.5 GHz, intel C2duo with 4 GB and an imac 24in 3.06 GHz, Intel C2duo, 4 GB both running OS 10.06.04.
cheers Jenny mac addict
happy to have direct contact dogsjenny@yahoo.com.au
Re: registration in Australia when FCS is bought in USA
October 16, 2010 02:29AM
I see that I was registered 3 years ago . Good to see that I must have been doing all right as I haven't asked any questions until yesterday and also supplied an answer then too. Now I would like some advice re registration in Australia of FCS to be purchased in the States.
cheers Jenny

Mac addict from Downunder been using FCP/S for a long time and still love it and still am learning new things all the time.
Just completed a community project for a local primary school. The Chamber of Commerce won a TV ad prize and gave it to the school. Committee of talented locals gave time and the result is excellent, based on ideas the kids pitched and developed. I did all the editing and was happy to be involved. Otherwise travel is my bag, just recently have done fashion work for a Miami swimwear show which also combined footage of designer swimming with whales in Tonga. Live near the famous Byron Bay surf and partner, family, camping and dogs make my life complete.
October 16, 2010 03:38AM
i don't think there'd be a problem,
but i'm guessing

is it really worth the hassle?
how much cheaper are you going to get it over there?
have you tried looking for deals in AUS?

one approach to a cheap FCS i've seen discussed here is to get the cheapest version of FCP you can find on e-bay
(it can be any version but NOT academic)
then buy the FCS2 update.

nick

PS is that whole last paragraph your signature?
they are great achievements,
but folks might get a bit tired of that!
October 16, 2010 05:48AM
Thanks Nick and when I tried to edit /uncheck the profile it didn't go. Take your point ... some forums want heaps, others nothing.
So having got that out of the way ... Yes it means a considerable saving and nobody seems to sell on Australian ebay. Im checking out Macmall and its worth my while as long as I can register.
Be interested if you think thats a problem. I have sussed various forums and its about half and half approval/ disapproval and I have read that some people may be blaming them for Apple's hold ups. So taking disapproval with the proverbial grain of salt.
Be interested if you have any further comment
thanks Mac addict
October 16, 2010 07:03AM
I don't see why it would be a problem wither. They all come from there to begin with... I do dimly recall having something like 'Australasian Version' on a software box once, but that could have been any of dozens of boxes of software I bought. I don't think it was FCP. Nick and I are both in Australia, btw. smiling smiley

October 16, 2010 07:19AM
They only ever released 4 copies of the Aussie "If See Pee", before the sales rip (rep) was eaten by croc and even the Ninja Jobs agreed Oz was best left to the Tin-men, Liiiiiiine, Sceercraow and Crims.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 16, 2010 07:25AM
...although I don't think they did a full version of the Mac OS I did find the old "Windaz Too Thowsand and Sivin"

[stuffucanuse.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
October 16, 2010 04:04PM
Thanks Jude
I will bite the bullet
October 16, 2010 04:07PM
thanks Ben but thats a kiwi accent you are trying on. I have vowels.Stick with your day job. I stay away from crocs too and no kangaroos too close here.
October 16, 2010 04:23PM
Hahah its only a Keewee accent if you try to do it in a Aussie one! It saaands oh-kay if ya use the Queen's loik we does ova ere mayt winking smiley

Sorry...

to actually answer the question - it doesn't matter where you bought FCS only that you bought it and its not registered to someone else!

October 16, 2010 07:38PM
tanx Bin. As I said to Jude/Nick, I will bit the bullet. I did have one other question asked and that concerned Macmall. 'Bout half/half fame/shame but it seemed to me that some people had demanded unreasonable services/ responses so Im happy to go with that maate
October 21, 2010 12:52AM
Here's a deal on Ebay that's in OZ.
FCS 3
October 21, 2010 01:01AM
Thanks Frank, Im following several leads here in Oz Have asked questions and feel this may be the way to go.
Did you mean to give me a link because none came.
cheers Jenny
October 21, 2010 05:24AM
The link is there in blue. The 'FCS 3' at the end of his post. Generally anything in blue on this forum is a clickable.

October 21, 2010 05:05PM
thanks one and all I will ask that this be closed now. I followed advise given and have bought in Australia. Hopefully it will prove to be satisfactory
cheers Jenny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics