Exporting to .wmv for a client......

Posted by AntonyM1080i 
Exporting to .wmv for a client......
October 16, 2010 08:37AM
Hi All

I'm currently running FCP 5.1.4 with leopard 10.5.8 on a 2GHZ Intel Core Duo iMAC Memory 2GB 667 Mz DD2 SDRAM.

I need to generate .wmv files. In the past I've always been lucky to satify w/ Quicktime. I have HDV footage shot 1080i. Could anyone suggest an encoding solution? So far I've only heard of flip for mac. Does anyone use it? also looking into flash encoding suggestions

Thanks all
Re: Exporting to .wmv for a client......
October 17, 2010 11:34PM
Flip 4 Mac is the only way to convert on a mac to a wmv. I am a video editor for marketing agency and I use everyday. You know for the unfortunate people that have pc's. Anyways its work fine, there are different levels of the software depending if you need just SD or HD settings. You can export right from FCP to windows media, as well as in QT Pro.
October 18, 2010 09:54AM
Also higher end encoders such as Telestream Episode, the same people who make Flip4Mac.

Since December 2007, H.264 .mov has been compatible with Flash so you can export that and it will work fine. Some prefer H.264 .mp4 for Flash.

[en.wikipedia.org]
On August 20, 2007, Adobe announced on its blog that with Update 3 of Flash Player 9, Flash Video will also support some parts of the MPEG-4 international standards.[11] Specifically, Flash Player will have support for video compressed in H.264 (MPEG-4 Part 10), audio compressed using AAC (MPEG-4 Part 3), the F4V, MP4 (MPEG-4 Part 14), M4V, M4A, 3GP and MOV multimedia container formats
Adobe also announced that they will be gradually moving away from the FLV format to the standard ISO base media file format (MPEG-4 Part 12) owing to functional limits with the FLV structure when streaming H.264. The final release of the Flash Player supporting some parts of MPEG-4 standards had become available in Fall 2007.[12]
October 23, 2010 08:18PM
Thanks everyone!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics