ProRes 4444 from Motion

Posted by jakec 
ProRes 4444 from Motion
October 18, 2010 12:21AM
Ok so here is my problem. I built a 3 minute video in Motion4 exported as ProRes 4444 with no alpha, (a process I do everyday and always works fine). Then I imported in to FCP to add with other video encoded with same codec or ProRes 422, everything plays fine but when I try to export using QT conversion I get two different errors from the same timeline:

1. Out of memory
2. General Error

So I try to go thru Compressor and it gives me an estimated time of over 400 hours. Next I try exporting through the Quicktime where no compression is applied and it works.

Now usually you get these errors when you have an images that is over 4000 pixels or is cmyk or trying to edit with a non editing codec like h.264 or something.

Here is the only thing I can think of why I am having problems. The video that I made in Motion was for a vertical monitor playing of a computer. So I built it at 1080x1920 then I export it to bring to FCP and Rotate sideways to be in normal landscape then export again with other added videos. So I think because of its original vertical orientation and then rotating it messes something up that FCP doesn't like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics